[linux-audio-user] setting csound and linux env SFDIR etc...

Subject: [linux-audio-user] setting csound and linux env SFDIR etc...
From: Jeremiah Benham (jjbenham_AT_yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Sep 23 2001 - 06:06:38 EEST

I am using bash. Is this the correct line to add to
.bashrc to set the directories for SFDIR and the other
csound/cecilia paths.
env $SFDIR /home/jbenham/csound/SFDIR

I made the directory SFDIR. I then chmod 777 -R
SFDIR. I have the csound.txt in SFDIR. Csound works
with the csound.txt in the dir. when I open an xterm
window the top line gives me.

env: /home/jbenham/csound/SFDIR: Permission denied

when entering the path in cecilia preferences I get
the following after hitting sync:

no env variable set for SFDIR!
no env variable set for SADIR!
no env variable set for SSDIR!