Re: [linux-audio-user] setting csound and linux env SFDIR etc...

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] setting csound and linux env SFDIR etc...
From: Josh Green (jgreen_AT_users.sourceforge.net)
Date: Sun Sep 23 2001 - 09:29:37 EEST

On Sat, 2001-09-22 at 20:06, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> I am using bash. Is this the correct line to add to
> .bashrc to set the directories for SFDIR and the other
> csound/cecilia paths.
> env $SFDIR /home/jbenham/csound/SFDIR

Your "env" command isn't correct for bash. I think thats for like csh or
something, although I'm not familiar with other shells really. To set an
environment variable SFDIR with bash, do this:

export SFDIR=/home/jbenham/csound/SFDIR

That should do it, you can check environment variables with "printenv
<variable>" or "printenv" to see all variables.

--
    Josh Green
    Smurf Sound Font Editor (http://smurf.sourceforge.net)