Re: [linux-audio-user] midi input forwarder ?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] midi input forwarder ?
From: Peter Hanappe (peter_AT_hanappe.com)
Date: Wed Sep 26 2001 - 15:21:09 EEST

> >You can also check out MidiShare. It's a very flexible framework
> for interconnecting MIDI applications. They have real-time network
> drivers.
>
> >http://www.grame.fr/MidiShare/
>
> >Peter
>

> Thanks for the info. So now I have access to the remote midi port as a
> midishare appli.
> So I can see in msdisplay in one computer the input of the keyboard
> connected to the other.
>
> But how I can access the midishare port from iiwusynth ? there is a file
> iiwu_midishare.c but it is not compiled.

Hum... I started working on the MidiShare driver but it's not fully tested
yet. If you can wait till next week, I'll send you the full version.
Otherwise, send a mail to Stephane Letz <letz_AT_grame.fr>.
He has a hacked version of iiwusynth that works with MidiShare.

(Stephane are you on this list ? Is that okay ?)

Cheers,
Peter