Re: [linux-audio-user] midi input forwarder ?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] midi input forwarder ?
From: Julien Patrick Claassen (julien_AT_c-lab.de)
Date: Fri Sep 28 2001 - 15:13:45 EEST

Hello,
  I think if you have ethernet, there may be another possibility. I just
thought about it, but because I'm not at my own pc now, I can't check this
out.
  You can export partitions over the network. So you can export the
/-directory of one pc to the other and then you maybe can create a link
from one /dev-directory to the other. So that E.G. your
desktop-/dev/midi-port appears in your laptop-/dev-directory, for example
as /dev/midi1 or so.
  Maybe it's worth a trial...
  Good luck and kindest regards
           Julien