Re: [linux-audio-user] Time-shifted audio recording?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Time-shifted audio recording?
From: Kai Vehmanen (kai.vehmanen_AT_wakkanet.fi)
Date: Fri Sep 28 2001 - 18:37:15 EEST

On Fri, 28 Sep 2001, Kai Vehmanen wrote:

> On Fri, 28 Sep 2001, Daniel James wrote:
>> Now all I have to do is read up on cron...
> Also check at ('man at'). And use ecasound's -t:time_in_seconds option to
> control how long ecasound will record once it's started.

Ok, time for some fancy stuff (it's friday after all ;)):

ecasound -i /dev/dsp -o somefile.ogg -ea:100 -kl2:1,0,100,XXX,3 -ge:1,0 -t:YYY

Start recording after XXX seconds has passed, with 3sec fade-in. Then
record for YYY-XXX seconds. Or without the fade-in:

ecasound -i /dev/dsp -o somefile.ogg -gc:XXX,YYY -t:ZZZ

Start recording after XXX seconds, and then record for YYY secs. ZZZ
should be value greater than XXX+YYY (just to make sure ecasound exits at
some point).

I'll leave the 'time-shifted recording with both fade-in and fade-out' as
an exercise. :) And yup, not necessarily very convenient. You should
still take a look at cron and at.

Btw; The same thing applies here for reliability, so add
     "-z:intbuf -z:db -r" to the options.

--
 http://www.eca.cx
 Audio software for Linux!