Re: [linux-audio-user] Time-shifted audio recording?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Time-shifted audio recording?
From: Kai Vehmanen (kai.vehmanen_AT_wakkanet.fi)
Date: Fri Sep 28 2001 - 17:58:24 EEST

On Fri, 28 Sep 2001, Daniel James wrote:

> ecasound -i:/dev/dsp -o somefile.ogg

And for maximum reliability:

ecasound -i:/dev/dsp -o:somefile.ogg -z:intbuf -z:db -r

> Works great! I had to use Kmix to set the Rec Mon fader on my SBLive
> card to about half - otherwise it distorted badly.

Try ecasignalview (comes with ecasound). :) It's a crude little app for
checking the input level.

> Now all I have to do is read up on cron...

Also check at ('man at'). And use ecasound's -t:time_in_seconds option to
control how long ecasound will record once it's started.

--
 http://www.eca.cx
 Audio software for Linux!