Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: splay_yaf, or any enhanced command-line mp3 player ???

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: splay_yaf, or any enhanced command-line mp3 player ???
From: Ross Vandegrift (ross_AT_willow.seitz.com)
Date: Fri Sep 28 2001 - 21:46:27 EEST

> So, otherwise, any idea of a reliable program or library which can mix
> 2 mp3s with different volumes?? I'm looking for this.

Depends on what you want to do. If you don't want the mixed result back as mp3,
just record both mp3s to wav and mix them like normal.

Otherwise, if your hardware supports hardware mixing (ie, SB Live) you can play
them both and record the PCM route to get the mix.

But for both of these methods, reencoding to mp3 will double the distortion that
is introduced by mp3 compression, and it doesn't sound very good.

Ross Vandegrift
ross_AT_willow.seitz.com