Re: [linux-audio-user] Snd enhancements

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Snd enhancements
From: Dave Phillips (dlphilp_AT_bright.net)
Date: Sun Sep 30 2001 - 23:28:24 EEST

Reiner Klenk wrote:

> I then tried to not load misc.scm and instead tried to load the modules
> given at the top of misc.scm manually. The error appeared already with
> snd-motif.scm. So, all this isn't your fault but some difficulty to
> properly build and install snd and all required libraries.
>
> Allright, de-installed my guile-1.3.4 RPMS. I then got the guile-1.4
> tarball which wouldn't build. Then I got guile-1.4 RPMs from rpmfind and
> installed those. I rebuild snd from scratch using only the ladspa option
> to configure. Now snd complains about a missing xm.so file when I try to
> load snd-motif. I built snd again with --enable-static-xm but that didn't
> help. I don't have xm.so anywhere. Should it have been included in the
> guile RPMs?

The configure option is --with-static-xm, not --enable. Please try
building again and let me know how it goes.

> Highly appreciated. Doesn't look like a simple task, though.

We'll make it easier, especially with good error reports like this one.

Btw, if you build Snd yourself, you might want to compare your
configuration output with mine, especially here:

  checking for Guile... 1.5.0
  checking for scm_set_smob_apply in -lguile... yes
  checking for scm_remember_upto_here in -lguile... yes
  checking for scm_make_real in -lguile... yes
  checking for scm_strport_to_string in -lguile... yes
  checking for scm_object_to_string in -lguile... yes
  checking for scm_num2long_long in -lguile... yes
  checking for scm_num2int in -lguile... yes
  checking for scm_c_make_vector in -lguile... yes
  checking for scm_c_define in -lguile... yes
  checking for scm_c_define_gsubr in -lguile... yes
  checking for scm_c_eval_string in -lguile... yes
  checking for scm_list_n in -lguile... yes
  checking for scm_str2symbol in -lguile... yes
  checking for scm_t_catch_body... yes

If yours differs please send me the config report as above.

Best regards,

== Dave Phillips

        The Linux Soundapps Site at http://sound.condorow.net