Re: [linux-audio-user] Snd enhancements

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Snd enhancements
From: Reiner Klenk (pdq808_AT_t-online.de)
Date: Sun Sep 30 2001 - 22:27:53 EEST

On Sun, 30 Sep 2001, Dave Phillips wrote:

> Hi, Reiner:
>
> Please send the contents of your misc.scm. Also please include more
> details of your build of Snd, i.e., what Motif you used, what other
> options you included, what version of Guile, soundcard & driver used, et
> cetera.

This is on Redhat 7.1, alsa-0.9b6, soundblaster pci-128, guile-1.3.4. snd
compiled from the snd-5 tarball with alsa, internal float, ladspa enabled.
I haven't changed anything in misc.scm except corrected the path in the
load statements at the beginning of the file. Motif is
openmotif-2.1.30-4_MLI

> Also, when Snd opens type (backtrace) with the parentheses in the
> Listener. If you opened Snd from an xterm you should get a little more
> explicit error report in the starting xterm.

it says: no backtrace available.

I then tried to not load misc.scm and instead tried to load the modules
given at the top of misc.scm manually. The error appeared already with
snd-motif.scm. So, all this isn't your fault but some difficulty to
properly build and install snd and all required libraries.

Allright, de-installed my guile-1.3.4 RPMS. I then got the guile-1.4
tarball which wouldn't build. Then I got guile-1.4 RPMs from rpmfind and
installed those. I rebuild snd from scratch using only the ladspa option
to configure. Now snd complains about a missing xm.so file when I try to
load snd-motif. I built snd again with --enable-static-xm but that didn't
help. I don't have xm.so anywhere. Should it have been included in the
guile RPMs?

> Thanks for the note, I do want to minimize this sort of problem.

Highly appreciated. Doesn't look like a simple task, though.

Thanks,
Reiner