Re: [linux-audio-user] Terratec 24/96 (Was: newbie question)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Terratec 24/96 (Was: newbie question)
From: Antti Boman (antti.boman_AT_mindcom.fi)
Date: Tue Oct 02 2001 - 16:42:09 EEST

Jeremiah Benham wrote:

> I would join the alsa groups mailing list.

I've been a subscriber for a few weeks already.

> Search their achive for your card

I tried, but no success. I also tried asking about the Terratec card
(EWS64XL that time) two weeks ago, but got no response from anyone.
Obviously Terratecs aren't used by many.

> and email them about
> problems with your card and its driver.

Unfortunately I don't have the money to first buy and then realize that
it doesn't work. That's why I'm asking whether to buy it at all.

It seems I can get a Midiman Delta Audiophile or 44 for quite a
reasonable price, and if it's well supported as people have told, there
should be no reason to buy Terratec. I'd also rather buy a card from a
vendor that supports Linux more actively.

Thanks,
        Antti Boman