Re: [linux-audio-user] Terratec 24/96 (Was: newbie question)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Terratec 24/96 (Was: newbie question)
From: dave willis (dubson_AT_dhammanet.net)
Date: Tue Oct 02 2001 - 18:33:38 EEST

On Tue, 2 Oct 2001, Antti Boman wrote:

> It seems I can get a Midiman Delta Audiophile or 44 for quite a
> reasonable price, and if it's well supported as people have told, there
> should be no reason to buy Terratec. I'd also rather buy a card from a
> vendor that supports Linux more actively.

the midiman/m-audio cards are slightly more in cost than the terratecs,
but they also come with a ***lifetime*** warranty. that was the big
selling point for me.

and the card works great, but under alsa the driver wants to open *all* 10
playback and 12 capture channels (assuming delta1010/esw88mt), which
prevents use of mutliple programs and causes errors in
/alsa-lib/test/latency. oss does not have this problem.

-dave