Re: [linux-audio-user] Digital CD Player for Linux

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Digital CD Player for Linux
From: Andre Pang (ozone_AT_algorithm.com.au)
Date: Mon Oct 08 2001 - 03:22:04 EEST

On Sun, Oct 07, 2001 at 01:44:26PM -0700, Tracey Hytry wrote:

> I'm very interested in being able to play tracks off of the cd also.

I use the xmms-cdread plugin, which works great. It reads CDs as
digital or audio, and has CDDB support (including a local
database). You use it by adding /dev/cdrom to the playlist; when
you do, it adds all the tracks on the CD to the playlist, and you
can add/remove them as you please. It's about 69x better than the
normal XMMS CD plugin.

--
#ozone/algorithm <ozone_AT_algorithm.com.au>          - trust.in.love.to.save