Re: [linux-audio-user] Digital CD Player for Linux

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Digital CD Player for Linux
From: Ross Vandegrift (ross_AT_willow.seitz.com)
Date: Sun Oct 21 2001 - 21:12:32 EEST

> Hrm that's what I feared.. what are some quiet CD-ROMs?
> I've got a Pioneer DVD-ROM ATAPIModel DVD-116 0107 which is OK in
> normal CD-playing mode but a bit noisy at higher speeds.

The last CD drive I had that I remember being quiet was a Creative Labs
4x ATAPI model... In general, I'd see if you couldn't pick up an old
CLV drive at a computer show or off Ebay. It'll probably be cheap as
hell, and those drives were much quieter than modern CAV drives.

Ross Vandegrift
ross_AT_willow.seitz.com