Re: [linux-audio-user] Quiet PC's

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Quiet PC's
From: Joseph Zitt (jzitt_AT_metatronpress.com)
Date: Wed Oct 24 2001 - 19:15:42 EEST

On Wed, Oct 24, 2001 at 05:09:44AM -0600, Dave Price wrote:

> What i really want to finger out is how i can run a box as a diskless/cd-rom boot system (linux xterm) and not have any hdd noise at all, yet still be able to use the local sound card - that would REALLY be quiet ... files, ?apps? and such would reside on the server in the basement. (ideas)

FWIW, I had a practically silent PC in my bedroom for a while, by hooking
an external monitor, Keyboard, mouse, etc, to a laptop (running Mandrake
8.0). It worked beautifully and quietly.

--
|> ~The only thing that is not art is inattention~ --- Marcel Duchamp <|
| jzitt_AT_metatronpress.com           http://www.metatronpress.com/jzitt |