Re: [linux-audio-user] Wave subtraction

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Wave subtraction
From: Ross Vandegrift (ross_AT_willow.seitz.com)
Date: Mon Nov 05 2001 - 21:10:00 EET

> Additive synthesis is not adding waves together with the mathematical +,
> nor is subtractive mathematical -.

Ah. Well, I want mathematical -, not the type of synthesis I accidently
indicated. From others' responses, it seems there are a few programs that
can do this.

> In the general case signal a + signal b does not sound significantly
> different to signal a - signal b.

In the general case this may be true. However, I'm interested in differencing
two waveforms that are closely related to do quick and dirty distortion
testing. More like a and a'.

Ross Vandegrift
ross_AT_willow.seitz.com