Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: [Alsa-devel] Re: Soundcard supporting several audio streams

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: [Alsa-devel] Re: Soundcard supporting several audio streams
From: Stefan Schwandter (stefan.schwandter_AT_web.de)
Date: Thu Nov 08 2001 - 17:58:38 EET

On Thu, Nov 08, 2001 at 09:23:08AM -0500, Paul Davis wrote:

> >So is this really the only driver that supports multiple output streams?

> no. as mentioned, the trident-based cards do this as well.

Oh sorry, I thought Trident ... was a soundcard with the ymf744b driver.

So we have trident, ymfpci and emu10k1 (?). One more? :-)

What about adding this information to the SOUNDCARDS file that comes
with the alsa-distribution?

> apps don't need esd-support now. they just need LD_PREOPEN set in the
> environment in which they are started. i am not familiar with the way
> that artsd works, but i imagine its similar.

Ah, I guess that's what esddsp does? It didn't work for me when I tried
it the last time. But I don't want to use it anyway :-)

regards, Stefan