Re: [linux-audio-user] simple recording application

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] simple recording application
From: Andre Dubuc (aajdubuc_AT_webhart.net)
Date: Sun Nov 18 2001 - 02:10:45 EET

On Saturday 17 November 2001 15:51, you wrote:
> Also don't forget ecasound.
> You can use it to just record your interview,
> though it can do much more than that.
>
> Look at: http://www.eca.cx
> Or more specificly: http://www.wakkanet.fi/~kaiv/ecasound/welcome.html
>
> Kind Regards
> vini
>
> On Thu, Nov 08, 2001 at 05:59:17PM +0100, Alexander Car?t wrote:
> >Hi to all,
> >
> >this is a very urgent case : I just started using Linux for sound
> > applications. Right now I need a simple audiorecorder I can use for an
> > interview (just mic input). I never used any linux audio software before
> > so could anyone give me a small overview ?
> >
> >On Win I usually used Soundforge, Acid and Cubase. Is there any pendant on
> > linux ?
> >
> >That a lot in advance, regards Alex

Another little program you can use, and it has a very simple interface, is
"grecord". It allows you to record whatever time/mb limit you wish.

I finally gave up on "arecord" since recording time was very limited (and I
could never get it to work anyway!)

Regards,
Andre

--
Please pray the Holy Rosary to end the holocaust of abortion and terrorism.
For a free Cenacle Scriptural Rosary Booklet -- http://www.webhart.net/csrb/