Re: [linux-audio-user] .avi file players

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] .avi file players
From: Steffen Kluge (kluge_AT_dotnet.org)
Date: Sun Nov 18 2001 - 07:50:53 EET

Hi,
I'm using mplayer and like it best among the free movie
players around. And yes, I built it with gcc-2.96. This doesn't
seem to be a problem, if you installed RedHat's update/fix to the
gcc package. There is an option to configure (--disable-gcc-checking
I think) to get mplayer built.

(I'm assuming you're running RedHat - who else had that weird gcc
version?)

Hope this helps.
Steffen.