[linux-audio-user] Looking for a specific developer

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Looking for a specific developer
From: Vincent Touquet (vincent_AT_ulyssis.org)
Date: Wed Nov 21 2001 - 01:20:00 EET

Some time ago, i bought a Yamaha A3000.
I could rely on some great sites to find info,
there was even a site (www.teklab.com,
which now has dissapeared) run by some guy called Jay Vaughan,
who had some strong Linux sympathies and who brought me into
contact with the author of the OpenSMDI library
(Christian Novak).

The problem I have now is the following:
I want to contact Jay, because great resources on the sites teklab.com
and a3kcentral.com about Yamaha equipment seem to have been lost
to a lot of users (just look on google and search for teklab or
a3kcentral and you will see Jay's name popping up).

And also because he wrote some great software to
interface with the A3000 and also to access Yamaha
specific disk images (proprietary format ...) and I
think he wouldn't mind helping me and other people out,
to develop some free software for doing these things.

I searched Usenet and tried all the email adresses which
were listed in there, but i didn't get any reply from them
(some bounced). Today I installed licq and gaim to
try to contact him using icq (I have been successful
once, some months ago on windows at home, but he didn't
have time at the moment, so i wrote down his UIN, and now
i lost it :(). And now I'm not even able to get a new UIN
from the icq servers using licq, so I can't do anything useful ...

So this is a basic shoutout.
Does anyone know him ?
I know he _is_ in some LUG in America (big city I think),
maybe he even goes to dorkbotnyc, but maybe I'm just imagining this.

There is a lot to win here for both the linux
audio developers (because there is some seeds of development
in this hopeful future meeting) and also users of
linux audio software (and Yamaha samplers :)

That's why i post this.

Maybe replies should go off-list ?

I would be very grateful for any help.

Thanks
vini

PS: yes i tried searching the UINs on icq.com,
but like many people he has a lot of dead accounts lying about ...