Re: [linux-audio-user] finale 2000 on wine

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] finale 2000 on wine
From: Dave Phillips (dlphilp_AT_bright.net)
Date: Fri Nov 23 2001 - 19:56:13 EET

Jason wrote:

> My suggestion is that those of you who are
> interested in notation software give up on a commercial because the market
> you represent is even smaller than the production market; find a linux
> notation project and get involved and adopt a DIY mentality if you can't
> find what you're looking for. The only way the programs we want will exist
> is if we write them ourselves and forget about trying to get the
> commercial software industry to do it for us, because their goals are much
> different than ours.

This is good advice. Lilypond, Rosegarden, NoteEdit, CMN, abc, Guido,
all represent different approaches to notation software, and all of them
could use some development assistance.

However, it won't hurt to address a message *as a group* to commercial
software developers.

And such messages should certainly be sent to hardware (soundcard/audio
board) manufacturers, yes ?

Best regards,

== Dave Phillips

        The Linux Soundapps Site at http://sound.condorow.net