[linux-audio-user] ALSA and Roland USB UA-30

Subject: [linux-audio-user] ALSA and Roland USB UA-30
From: Joseph Zitt (jzitt_AT_metatronpress.com)
Date: Sun Nov 25 2001 - 08:02:49 EET

I'm setting up a laptop (using the Planet CCRMA RPMs and instructions,
though I'll be adding other apps) and I'm puzzled as to how to set up
ALSA to use my external USB Roland UA-30 audio interface. The system
recognized it in general right off the bat and can play through it, but
I appear to have to do something (in /etc/modules.conf, I think) to get
ALSA to realize it's there.

Any clues?

--
|> ~The only thing that is not art is inattention~ --- Marcel Duchamp <|
| jzitt_AT_metatronpress.com           http://www.metatronpress.com/jzitt |