[linux-audio-user] Midi saquencer for Linux (Debian ?)

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Midi saquencer for Linux (Debian ?)
From: Vincent Touquet (vincent_AT_ulyssis.org)
Date: Sun Nov 25 2001 - 17:00:55 EET

Hi,

What are your experiences with midi squencers in Linux ?

I have this very weird problem that _sometimes_ jazz fails to start,
saying it couldn't load the alsa driver and sometimes it happily starts
(as a normal user it also says snd_ctl_open: Permission denied, but
I guess that is some permission setting i have to get right ?)

Or maybe it loads the modules correctly when I do it as root,
after which they stay resident so I can also start jazz as a normal user ?
(but I thought modules loaded automagically, ahether you are root or not,
whenever you need it ? or maybe i'm just naive ;)

Anyone using any other sequencers ?
(I tried muse but it fails to compile here)
Preferrably apt-gettable ones.

Anyone knows how demudi is coming along ?

Kind regards
vini