Re: [linux-audio-user] recording guitar interfacing

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] recording guitar interfacing
From: paul (paul_AT_pksings.com)
Date: Wed Nov 28 2001 - 18:37:26 EET

I use a Samson MPL 1502 Mixer, it's 6 normal XLR or 1/4 inch phono
inputs and 4 stereo RCA connector inputs with 1/4 inch outputs. I bought
some adapters at the local Radio Shack that adapts 1/4 female to RCA,and
then used another adapter cable that is RCA to 1/8 inch stereo. The 1/8
inch stereo goes into the input channel of the soundcard. I can then
record on the computer 1 stereo channel. I then use the mixer to provide
input to that channel. Plug the guitar into a channel of the mixer,
raise the volume of that channel and make sure all the rest are off,
play and record. You might want to take an auxiliary output of the mixer
and put it into an amplifier so that you can hear what you are playing.I
personally don't like playing into headphones (without an amp), they
just don't have the same feeling as the sound coming out of an amp, but
having the ability to do both is really useful, especially late at night
when the rest of the family is sleeping.

PK