Re: [linux-audio-user] recording guitar interfacing

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] recording guitar interfacing
From: root (vvucic_AT_EUnet.yu)
Date: Thu Nov 29 2001 - 15:19:21 EET

Dear colleague,

yes, guitar does signal have different characteristics. There is Yamaha
USB interface which does have special Guitar In connector among othe
rinputs. I did not try it in Linux but it is possible that it will
work.
Otherwise, it is guess and try game with various devices. If you use
signal from amp wchih is usually norma line out that may be fine, but
musically the best result is to record guitar via microphone that is
positioned correctly. IN this case, it is not usually too low playing,
it sometimes must be loud and it depenbeds on mike. Senheiser, SHURE
and AKG do have good mikes for guitar recording. In that case, you need
card which does have mic input including pre-amp, but for more than home
hobby purposes I recommend pre-amp. I think that MIDIMAN DMP2 is value
for money excellent choice.

ALl the best,

Vedran