Re: [linux-audio-user] recording guitar interfacing

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] recording guitar interfacing
From: Paul Winkler (slinkp23_AT_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Nov 30 2001 - 19:27:01 EET

On Thu, Nov 29, 2001 at 07:55:18PM -0600, author wrote:
> Sounds to me like the best method for connecting my electric guitar
> to the computer sound card is through a mixer.
> I've got an old Fostex 250 cassette multitrack recorder and
> a Fostex X-26 cassette multitrack recorder. Could I use either of
> these in place of the mixer?

Sure. If it sounds good, it is good. A cassette multitrack probably
isn't the cleanest / quietest mixer around, but hell, I've done things
with a Radio Shack "mixer" when it was all I had.

--

paul winkler home: http://www.slinkp.com music: http://www.reacharms.com calendars: http://www.calendargalaxy.com