X version & LL, was Re: [linux-audio-user] Low latency & journaling filesystems?

Subject: X version & LL, was Re: [linux-audio-user] Low latency & journaling filesystems?
From: Paul Winkler (slinkp23_AT_yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Dec 01 2001 - 18:10:38 EET

On Fri, Nov 30, 2001 at 09:18:46PM -0800, Josh Green wrote:
> I use reiserfs myself, many others who use low latency patches do as
> well. Reiserfs I believe is one of the code paths that is checked for
> Andrew Morton's low latency patch.

Cool, I'll try reiserfs.
Now my next question...
Does it still matter what version of XFree86?
I remember hearing that 4.x was problematic for some reason.
Is that still the case? Are people still running 3.x?

--

paul winkler home: http://www.slinkp.com music: http://www.reacharms.com calendars: http://www.calendargalaxy.com