[OT] Re: [linux-audio-user] Need to transpose some music.

Subject: [OT] Re: [linux-audio-user] Need to transpose some music.
From: Tobias Ulbricht (up5a_AT_stud.uni-karlsruhe.de)
Date: Mon Dec 03 2001 - 15:39:38 EET

Hi Remco and others,

> [off-topic]
>
> Remco Poelstra wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have some score, that I need to transpose from A to B minor. So I need a
> > program that let's me enter all the things, not only the notes, but also
> > all the symbols, with a mouse, because I can't play piano. And the program
> > should then be able to transpose it and print it in a very readable way.
> > The problem is that I need to get this done very quickly, so I don't have
> > time to try all the available software.
> > Preferrably it uses GTK and it doesn't have to be able to play it.
>
> ahem, if you don't have it in a machine-readable form anyway, why
> don't you transpose on paper ?

<snip howto-transpose manually>

> jörn

hey, whow! This was a superb example for all those people that put
techno(logy)-freaks in one box saying they wouldn't do without
computer even the easiest tasks. Thanks.

And, btw. if you still look for a possibility. I would have done it in
lilypond, ie. in TEX.
It's a little more clumsy but its rather quick.
I'll give you example "code", when necessary, but don't have that here....

cheers, tobias.