[linux-audio-user] Timidity and soundfonts

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Timidity and soundfonts
From: luis jure (luisjure_AT_multitel.com.uy)
Date: Fri Dec 07 2001 - 01:47:20 EET

Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano <nando_AT_ccrma.stanford.edu> escribió:

> Muse does recognize timidity's alsa port... works ver well.

yes!! it works all right. i had some problems: the precompiled binaries i had
installed (from kmultimedia, augh) didn't have support for -iA. i tried to
compile my own, but using --enable-alsaseq as option for configure gave me
errors when compiling. so i downloaded the rpm from ccrma and everything went
fine, thanks fernando. as soon as timidity is running, muse recognizes it as a
valid midi port, nothing fancy to do there. i had no luck with jazz, though...

now an old question i have about timidity: in the documentation it's mentioned
more than once that it supports soundfonts besides pat files, but nowhere says
how, and i haven't been able to use sf's with timidity. any ideas? i've spent
much time searching for an answer to that one...

thank you,

lj