Re: [linux-audio-user] Timidity and soundfonts

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Timidity and soundfonts
From: Stéphane Rollandin (hepta_AT_infonie.fr)
Date: Fri Dec 07 2001 - 07:45:11 EET

>now an old question i have about timidity: in the documentation it's mentioned
>more than once that it supports soundfonts besides pat files, but nowhere says
>how, and i haven't been able to use sf's with timidity. any ideas? i've spent
>much time searching for an answer to that one...

here's an excerpt of one of my *.cfg files:

20 %font D:/SFonts/neyflute.sf2 0 0
40 Stef/HmmSnd/Breath1
41 Stef/HmmSnd/Breath2
73 %font D:/SFonts/flute.sf2 0 0

80 %font D:/SFonts/bolivianflute.sf2 0 0
81 %font D:/SFonts/bolivianflute.sf2 0 1 # (Wet)
82 %font D:/SFonts/bolivianflute.sf2 0 2 # (Soft)

... in the %font lines, the first number is the bank, the second one the
program (as you can see from the paths, this is for Windows, but I also get
it to work in linux)

Stef