Re: [linux-audio-user] LADSPA Module

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] LADSPA Module
From: Andy Wingo (apwingo_AT_eos.ncsu.edu)
Date: Fri Dec 07 2001 - 19:36:55 EET

Hi,

On Fri, 07 Dec 2001, guenther.sohler_AT_newlogic.com wrote:

> Does there a LADSPA Module exist, where you can
>
> * change the pitch of a wave without changing speed

See Steve Harris' pitch shifter plugin. We tend to call them plugins
rather than modules.

> * change the speed of a wave without changing pitch ???

No. To do this, you would have to read data at a different rate than you
write it. In order to get this effect, you need to have a ladspa host
that can change the speed by resampling then adjust the pitch with
steve's plugin. Experts correct me if I've erred on this one ;)

cheers,

wingo.

ps. this question is best suited to linux-audio-user, imho.