Re: [linux-audio-user] LADSPA Module

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] LADSPA Module
From: Jason (hormonex_AT_yankthechain.com)
Date: Fri Dec 07 2001 - 20:45:50 EET

On Fri, 7 Dec 2001, Andy Wingo wrote:
> > * change the speed of a wave without changing pitch ???
>
> No. To do this, you would have to read data at a different rate than you
> write it. In order to get this effect, you need to have a ladspa host
> that can change the speed by resampling then adjust the pitch with
> steve's plugin. Experts correct me if I've erred on this one ;)

I'm just a little curious as to what changing the speed of the wave means.
The speed of a wave is going to be determined by physics, and it's not
something you can hear in most cases. The only real world analogy I can
imagine would be hearing something sooner because the air sound was
traveling through was moving towards you. But still, that's not something
that you'd necessarily notice.

--
YankTheChain.com - You can pretend we're not here. That's what I do.

,