Re: Soundfonts / iiwu tuning (was[linux-audio-user] midi)

Subject: Re: Soundfonts / iiwu tuning (was[linux-audio-user] midi)
From: Larry Troxler (lt_AT_westnet.com)
Date: Sat Dec 08 2001 - 04:10:52 EET

Frank Barknecht wrote:

> Larry Troxler hat gesagt: // Larry Troxler wrote:
>
> > One possibility, Peter Hanappe wrote me this:
> > >
> > > There are some newer versions available thru the
> > > http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/iiwusynth web site.
> > > The latest version must 0.0.5 or 0.0.6. Careful, though,
> > > I noticed that I have been too quick with this version
> > > as it still contains a bug. (I guess the pointer in the
> > > sample buffer outruns the buffer...) It's still waiting
> > > to be fixed.
> > >

> Now I tried iiwu-0.0.5, and the tuning problem went away, AFAIH(ear). A
> link from www.iiwu.org to the gnu site would be nice, tough. How should one
> know about this?

AFAIH - I like it!

Peter wrote to me that he hasn't had much time to concentrate on iiwu,
so perhaps that's why the www.iiwu.org site isn't current. But my
perspective is that we shouldn't complain, because what he has already
contributed seems to be working most of the way, and I would imagine
that it took a lot of time. (In case you might misread this, I'm *not*
accusing you of complaining!)

I haven't tried the newer versions because I was afraid of the buffer
overflow bug he mentioned - I wasn't sure whether it was a newly
introduced bug or not. But I take it that you haven't been bitten by it.

From your experience with this new version, should I repost the PD iiwu
extern (which I should rename to iiwu~) with this newer version?

Larry