Re: [linux-audio-user] virtual piano

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] virtual piano
From: Josh Green (jgreen_AT_users.sourceforge.net)
Date: Mon Dec 10 2001 - 03:58:04 EET

On Sun, 2001-12-09 at 08:06, Ken Locarnini wrote:
> Does there exist a virtual piano application, in Linux, that uses the
> computor keyboard to transmit midi events? Thanks,
> Ken

Smurf sound font editor has one. It will use ALSA or OSS. If using ALSA
it will have its own Client:Port associated with it so you can connect
it to any other sequencer client. You can play with computer keyboard or
mouse (although the keyboard is kind of compact since I'm displaying all
128 MIDI keys as it is used for setting ranges in Sound Fonts). There
are also some basic MIDI controls (channel, bank, preset, volume,
reverb, chorus, bend range, etc) although there isn't a bender
currently. The web address is below.

--
    Josh Green
    Smurf Sound Font Editor (http://smurf.sourceforge.net)