Re: [linux-audio-user] portable recording device

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] portable recording device
From: Dave Price (davep_AT_kinaole.org)
Date: Thu Dec 13 2001 - 03:52:54 EET

On Wed, Dec 12, 2001 at 01:56:17PM -0600, Ben Saylor wrote:

> So far, a minidisc recorder seems to be the main option. Can anyone
> comment on the sound quality of these - both the encoding format and
> ADC/DAC? Which brands are good? Are there any other viable options?

I am really happy with my little sony MZ-R55. I use it with a one-point
stereo mic to record jam and practice sessions outside the home.
Transfer to PC requires recording through the sound card line-in, but
the results are quite satisfactory. I also have a little sony home deck
for that purpose, but you could get by with just the portable unit.

aloha,
dave