Re: [linux-audio-user] portable recording device

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] portable recording device
From: Patrick Shirkey (pshirkey_AT_boosthardware.com)
Date: Thu Dec 13 2001 - 07:36:29 EET

Jason wrote:

> Patrick Shirkey and I have been discussing this very thing. he's been
> working on a
> prototype, although I haven't heard where he's at with it for a little
> while.

It's coming along. But because it's a prototype I have to buy all the
parts myself. Currently waiting on some spare cash for a cpu. The target
release date is by June 2002 just in time for Linux TAG.

Anyone know of how/where to get the parts for a mono preamp with phantom
power? If not how to build one would be cool too.

The main reason for this machine is to allow quick transfer of large
field recordings onto a main workstation. It will probably use ethernet
for now. Until we figure out the firewire protocol. USB is also an
option but if we do that we might as well go firewire.

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
http://www.boosthardware.com - For the discerning hardware connoisseur.