Re: [linux-audio-user] SF2 to .wav?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] SF2 to .wav?
From: Josh Green (jgreen_AT_users.sourceforge.net)
Date: Tue Dec 18 2001 - 13:16:32 EET

On Mon, 2001-12-17 at 22:29, Ken Locarnini wrote:
> Does there exist a utility to extract .wav files out of SF2 files,
> besides doing it one by one in Smurf? Thanks,
> Ken

I think Takashi Iwai has a utility that does that. Its usually part of
the awesfx package, but I don't see it as part of my RPM, perhaps they
removed it. Try his Linux AWE driver page.

BTW I'm currently overhauling Smurf to separate the Sound Font editing
operations (into libraries, libsoundfont and libsmurf) from the GUI
altogether and add Python support. In fact the new interface will most
likely be written in Python. This will enable the use of plugins and
scriptable sound font processing operations. Most actions will also be
set up to be easy to use on multiple items. Anyways, thats what is for
the future of Smurf (hopefully not too far off) along with close
integration to iiwusynth the software wavetable engine. Lates..

--
    Josh Green
    Smurf Sound Font Editor (http://smurf.sourceforge.net)