Re: [linux-audio-user] SF2 to .wav?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] SF2 to .wav?
From: Linium (intent_AT_club-internet.fr)
Date: Tue Dec 18 2001 - 18:41:24 EET

Le Mardi 18 Décembre 2001 12:16, vous avez écrit :
> On Mon, 2001-12-17 at 22:29, Ken Locarnini wrote:
> > Does there exist a utility to extract .wav files out of SF2 files,
> > besides doing it one by one in Smurf? Thanks,
> > Ken
>
> I think Takashi Iwai has a utility that does that. Its usually part of
> the awesfx package, but I don't see it as part of my RPM, perhaps they
> removed it. Try his Linux AWE driver page.

Are you talking about "sf2text" ?

This one only shows the meta datas in a sf2 file.
It means that you know the binary adresses of the raw samples encapsuled in
the sf2, and their parameters (root key, frequency,looping points).
Then, you can then write a script to cut and paste the samples in separate
files and convert them with sox, but it can be tedious to write such a
script. (my own experience speaking)

Linium