Re: [linux-audio-user] midi file editor/sequencer/player

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] midi file editor/sequencer/player
From: Larry Troxler (lt_AT_westnet.com)
Date: Sat Dec 22 2001 - 23:13:13 EET

Mark Constable wrote:

> I can't believe those turkeys on LAD saying "no one uses
> MIDI anymore"... well, they may not... but you, and I,
> are desperate (you're threatening to code one) for
> something that works.

What? I can only hope you're omitting some important context here!

The last time I checked (admittedly more than a year ago), MIDI, as slow
and as limited as it is, was still the interface provided on commercial
MIDI controllers and sound modules. If not MIDI, what are they
suggesting as alternatives? Or does nobody on LAD actually play
keyboards?

I share your frustration about there being quite a few MIDI sequencers
around, but each either buggy or missing features.

Larry Troxler