Re: [linux-audio-user] Laptop Audio

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Laptop Audio
From: Erik de Castro Lopo (erikd-lad_AT_mega-nerd.com)
Date: Thu Jan 03 2002 - 10:48:57 EET

On Tue, 01 Jan 2002 10:04:35 -0800
Ken Locarnini <renueden_AT_earthlink.net> wrote:

> Can anyone point me to where I can find info on alsa support for
> laptops? I get to buy a new laptop for work and would like to have alsa
> support. Any reccomendations or should I go with a usb midi/audio card?

I seem to remember a really good ALSA installation howto on a web server
somewhere in New Zealand. It was current, unlike the one on the ALSA
web site but unfortunately I can't find the link.

Anyone help?

Erik

  Erik de Castro Lopo  nospam_AT_mega-nerd.com (Yes it's valid)
`[Microsoft] are in the business of giving customers exactly what they ask
for, which sounds like a nice idea until you realize that most Microsoft
customers are idiots.' --- Eugene O'Neil on comp.os.linux.development.system