Re: [linux-audio-user] dman 2044

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] dman 2044
From: David J.Kuntz (djkntz_AT_geocities.com)
Date: Sun Jan 06 2002 - 21:07:12 EET

On Sun, 06 Jan 2002 19:13:07 -0500
"root" <vvucic_AT_EUnet.yu> said something like:

> I got in Mandrake 8.0 automatic setting up Midiman card with CS46xxx
> chip and it works with no problem.
> My friend does have that card and I will ask him for manual and any
> info.
>
> Vedran Vucic

Got it recognized, at least - as an ESS Maestro card, and also loading the snd-cs46xx module. so cat /proc/modules shows the maestro module used by sndcore, etc., I now have 2 sound cards on the gnome mixer, but cat /proc/asound/cards says no soundcard present. 'm checking the debian package bug reports right now. I took the card out, and the chips are labelled cs4222. hmm.

--
When I was crossing the border into Canada, they asked if
I had any firearms with me.  I said, "Well, what do you need?"