Re: [linux-audio-user] Introduction

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Introduction
From: Dave Price (davep_AT_kinaole.org)
Date: Sun Jan 13 2002 - 06:05:03 EET

On Sun, Jan 13, 2002 at 12:59:22AM -0500, root wrote:
> I thiunk that thre are many software packages usable. It depeneds what tyou
> want to do: i.e.e HD recording, sound synthesis, algorithmic composition.
> Which distribution you have etc...

Hi.

I am quite happy with debian / woody .. but as long as your distro has a
current kernel (2.4.x) and current c libs, you should have no problems
getting most audio to install - i generally try to complie my own audio
apps from source, and since the packages seems to get updated often,
learning to use CVS to fetch new releases for those programs you like
and are trying to use is not a bad idea either.

I am still using a simple ES-1378 card, but have my eyes open for a
better 'recording' card at a good price.

aloha,
dave