Re: [linux-audio-user] Synthesizer programming

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Synthesizer programming
From: Frank Barknecht (barknech_AT_ph-cip.uni-koeln.de)
Date: Sun Jan 13 2002 - 14:09:38 EET

Hi,

Jeremiah Benham hat gesagt: // Jeremiah Benham wrote:

> Have you taken a look at www.csounds.com
> Also check out jmax, puredata, and common lisp music.
> Jeremiah

I think, Remco meant to get some advice on information or books that
help with learning to program nice sounds with a synthesizer, be it a
hardware one or a software synth like in your list. In fact, I am also
continuosly looking for such information on sound design and such. I
have the Csound book, that explains some of this, but I switched from
Csound to PD, so I am looking for something more general. I thought of
buying either "Computer Music" by Dodge or "The Computer Music Tutorial"
by Roads.
Which one's better?

> On Saturday 12 January 2002 02:47 pm, you wrote:
> >
> > I'm looking for a website/book/whatever that covers synthesizer
> > programming. I mean getting music out off such a thing, not making another
> > synthesizer simulation app.
> > I know how a synthesizer works, and can explain all most all knobs, but
> > I've never been able to get some nice sound, only noise. So I'm looking
> > for a guide that takes me along the first steps of programming such a
> > thing.
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> >
> > Remco Poelstra
bye,