Re: [linux-audio-user] Shaketracker with ALSA

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Shaketracker with ALSA
From: Gary Counsellor (sineigs_AT_eskimo.com)
Date: Sat Jan 19 2002 - 20:02:55 EET

You know, quite frankly I'm impressed all to h**l!. Your song Hamster
sounded like a great Jazz Improv, gone slightly over the edge, thus making it
great and I could say lots of other good things but the one thing I can't say
was that "it sounded like a MIDI file" It Didn't! Raintower, mostly due to
the guitar, sounded more like a MIDI file but the drums had some very
explosive and "naw, it couldn't be" momments, and one stuck note at the end
(Thanks for the 'Panic' Button) I have quite literally gone through Millions
(and I'm NOT exagerating) midi files and I'm no slouch at programing, much of
my work ends up on Radio (jingles, but it's radio) TV, (OK PBS specials) and
CD (No chart toppers lately (thank heavens) and nobody has ever screamed "OH
NO! It's MIDI!!!". But seldom would I run into one that could so as easily
have fooled me if I hadn't loaded and played it myself. Ok, it's a very
early Sat Morning (for anyone having gigged Friday Night) and I'm not halfway
through my first cup of coffee. I'm listening to both your examples played
through a Dedicated MIDI Periph M-GS64 so it can't be anything but MIDI, the
expressiveness and responsiveness of the instrumentation was what I would
call... well... I'm impressed. Both your program and programing skills are
due for a closer look! Thanks for the program, It's new, fresh, different
and definately has possibilities. If you can't tell, I'm excited!

--
Gary Counsellor http://www.musician2000.com
sineigs.all.attitudes_AT_eskimo.com

In 1977, there were 37 Elvis impersonators in the world. In 1993, there were 48,000. At this rate, by the year 2010 one out of every three people will be an Elvis impersonator. (Source: N/A)