[linux-audio-user] Csound Catalog with Audio v3 - Request for Input (fwd)

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Csound Catalog with Audio v3 - Request for Input (fwd)
From: Jason (hormonex_AT_yankthechain.com)
Date: Sun Jan 20 2002 - 04:36:50 EET

I know there are som Csound people on this list, so I figure I'd pass this
along. I'm not a big Csound guy myself, but an old room mate of mine was
one
of Dr. B's protege's in the Synth department at berklee, so I'm on his
mailing list. i figured i'd pass this along for those of you who might be
interested, and in the interests of breaking the macintosh hegemony, and
get those apple people some linuxalvation.

--
YankTheChain.com - You can pretend we're not here. That's what I do.

,

---------- Forwarded message ---------- Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 21:12:46 -0500 From: Dr. Richard Boulanger <csound_AT_mediaone.net> To: Recipient List Suppressed: ; Subject: Csound Catalog with Audio v3 - Request for Input

Dear Students,Colleagues, Friends, and Fellow Csounders,

Happy New Year.

Please forgive the multiple postings of this message, but over the next couple of months, I will be revising The Csound Catalog with Audio and I would appreciate your input and assistance.

I plan to include a number of new instruments from the list and add sections on the GUI instruments and the growing collection of csound~ instruments, plus a number of awesome Csounders have sent me collections of theirs to add! So...

1. Do you (or your students) have new instruments that you would allow me to add to the Csound Instrument Catalog?

2. Do you (or your students) have any GUI instruments that use Gabriel's graphical opcodes?

3. Do you (or your students) have any Max/MSP patches that feature the new csound~ external? (I do... and I will be posting some of these at csounds.com in the next week. How about the Csound Book as a stand-alone app? Well... it's coming with a ton of wonderful features.)

4. Have you (or your students) been modifying Csound Catalog Instruments? Would you allow me to include these modifications in the next version?

5. Most importantly, I want to add a layer of organization to The Csound Catalog, and for this I could especially use YOUR help. What I am interested in is your sending me a list of:

A. Your top 5 SIMPLE (but cool sounding) Csound Catalog "Software Synthesis" instruments B. Your top 5 ADVANCED (but cool sounding) Csound Catalog "Software Synthesis" instruments C. Your top 5 SIMPLE Csound Catalog "Signal Processing" instruments (that can be used for sample processing especially) D. Your top 5 ADVANCED Csound Catalog "Signal Processing" instruments E. Your top 10 Csound Catalog Instruments that showcase a "Classic" Synthesis Algorithms - FM, Waveshaping, Granular, Waveguide, Physical Modelling, Subtractive, Vocoding, WaveTerrain, Scanned, etc. (These might be the same as some from above, but I ask for this distinction because a number of my colleagues have wanted to use the Csound Catalog as a way of focusing on specific synthesis techniques and at present, I have the catalog organized by author or collection or university affiliation. So... what have you discovered in The Csound Catalog that has been useful to you as a model, for teaching, for modification and for processing.)

As the new semester begins, you might get your students working on this too. Hope so. Looking forward to hearing from you and to adding your input, suggestions, instruments to The Csound Catalog with Audio v 3.0

Hope you have a productive year and that Csound is a part of it!

Thanks for your consideration and for your help with this project,

Dr. Richard Boulanger, Professor Music Synthesis Department, Berklee College of Music 1140 Boylston Street - Boston, MA 02215-3693 Office Phone: (617) 747-2485 Office Fax: (617) 747-2564 email: <csound_AT_mediaone.net> - <rboulanger_AT_berklee.edu> webpage: http://csounds.com/boulanger/ ______________________________________________________

+ Almost Everything Csound @ http://csounds.com/ + Csound Catalog with MP3 Audio http://csounds.com/catalog/ + The Csound Book http://csounds.com/book/ + The Csound Book 2nd Printing http://www.csounds.com/cdroms/ + The Csound FrontPage @ MIT Press http://www.csound.org/ ______________________________________________________