[linux-audio-user] getting a .wav from RhythmLab?

Subject: [linux-audio-user] getting a .wav from RhythmLab?
From: Paul (set_AT_pobox.com)
Date: Sun Jan 20 2002 - 05:43:35 EET

        Hi;

        Certainly I may be missing something... I was recently
playing with RhythmLab, which is sort of a drum machine. Anyway,
it wants to talk directly to the sound card (/dev/dsp), and I
cannot figure out how to record its output.
        One can specify a different device to write to, but it
expects it to be a /dev/dsp like device, and does a few ioctls
on the file, rather than writing out raw data. Im guessing I
could just bypass the ioctl calls, or ignore thier failure,
and get raw data, but I havent tried that yet.
        Is there a way to record stuff going to /dev/dsp? I tried
various mixer settings and ecasound, but no dice. OSS with
es1371 card.
        Any suggestions appreciated:)

Paul
set_AT_pobox.com