Re: [linux-audio-user] [OT] Good cheap video card

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] [OT] Good cheap video card
From: James Tappin (james_AT_xena.uklinux.net)
Date: Wed Jan 23 2002 - 21:43:35 EET

> Thanks guys, I've also been googling a bit and it seems that
> many people concur with your recommendations.
>
> Off to shopping...

Another nice card if you can find it, since it's out of production, is the
3dfx Voodoo 3000. I'm actually comtemplating swaping the Nvidia into the
old experimenting box and putting the Voodoo into my main machine to see
if that sorts some of the Xrun problems.

(I went off the Matrox G400 after 2 out of 3 machines we bought a year ago
at work just locked solid as soon as you started X -- probably a dodgy
batch, but I persuaded the supplier to swap them for Voodoos).

James

--
James Tappin,               O__      "I forget the punishment for using
james_AT_xena.uklinux.net     --  \/`    Microsoft --- Something lingering