[linux-audio-user] [OT] Good cheap video card

Subject: [linux-audio-user] [OT] Good cheap video card
From: Paul Winkler (pw_lists_AT_slinkp.com)
Date: Wed Jan 23 2002 - 10:24:50 EET

Hi folks,

I've finally had it with my SiS 6326 video card. It has a number of
annoying drawing errors which I can only fix by turning off
acceleration, which makes it mind-numbingly slow. And it's got 8MB
VRAM but the driver can only use 4. I swear, my old ATI Mach64 was
better than this thing.

Can anyone recommend a good AGP card that's reasonably speedy for
running XFree86 4.x? I don't run games or watch movies, probably the
most video-intensive stuff I do is gimp, or ardour.

I'd prefer a card that's a bit "obsolete" so I can pick one up very
cheap...

And finally, for an on=topic issue: The card must not cause problems
with digital audio on the PCI bus, as described in my (aging)
audio=quality-HOWTO.

--

paul winkler home: http://www.slinkp.com music: http://www.reacharms.com calendars: http://www.calendargalaxy.com