[linux-audio-user] Timidity help!!

New Message Reply About this list Date view Thread view Subject view Author view Other groups

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Timidity help!!
From: Juan Linietsky (coding_AT_reduz.com.ar)
Date: Thu Jan 24 2002 - 08:32:18 EET

Hello! I finally found out how to use timidity as softsynth, it really rocks! i can use like, a zillon channels and the cpu is still at 0%. Still, i have some problems with it, and i wonder if any of you had them.

First, I cant change the note release time. I'm loading soudfonts, and some seem to have large release times, i try using controller 72 but no luck! For the few little i could understand out of timidity sources (probably the most complicated/messed up code -in the unreadable aspect- that i've ever seen in my entire life), it seems to support that controller, but when i change it it has no effect.

Second, when i enable reverb or chorus (controllers 91/93).. it works, but sometimes it gets enabled on channels magically (without me requesting it) and i cant disable it. And suddendly, it goes away in the same misterious way!

I'd really appreciate any help on this! thanks!

Juan Linietsky

This archive was generated by hypermail 2b28 : Thu Jan 24 2002 - 08:22:30 EET