Re: [linux-audio-user] Timidity help!!

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Timidity help!!
From: Juan Linietsky (coding_AT_reduz.com.ar)
Date: Fri Jan 25 2002 - 02:14:01 EET

On Thu, 24 Jan 2002 23:52:24 +0400
CLOTILDE Guy Daniel <guy.clotilde_AT_wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I can't help you yet :( but maybe you can help me :)
> How do you use timidity as a softsynth?

timidity -iA -B2,8 -f -Os -EFreverb=0

comment the last parameter out if you want (sort of buggy) reverb
and you need alsa for this.
It loads soundfonts fine if in timidity.cfg you specify

soundfont somesoundfont.sf2

but the problem is that envelope decay values are crap in most of the instruments.

regards

Juan Linietsky