Re: [linux-audio-user] Software finaliser

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Software finaliser
From: Paul Winkler (pw_lists_AT_slinkp.com)
Date: Fri Jan 25 2002 - 03:08:18 EET

On Thu, Jan 24, 2002 at 02:23:24PM -0500, Len Moskowitz wrote:
> "Gary Counsellor" <sineigs_AT_eskimo.com> wrote:
(snip)
> > effect what change. For example remove boominess add sizzle, increase
> > clarity or add 'space'. Anybody have any suggested reading material?
>
> Ask about this on the rec.audio.pro newsgroup or search its archives on
> dejanews.

It's a great place to lurk. Here's a gem of a thread about EQ:
http://groups.google.com/groups?th=8da41f4304894314

Also alt.music.4-track is a good place for newbies - despite the
title, a lot of people there are using computers these days.

Also check out the BBS forums at www.homerecording.com. The
"recording techniques" and "mixing / mastering" forums are probably
what you want to look at.

There are also a million books on audio engineering. Most of them,
suck, IMHO. Here's one I'm jonesing for - it comes highly recommended:
http://www.kiqproductions.com/html/_total_recording__info.html

It's $90 US (not a typo - that's ninety dollars) but widely considered
to be worth it. 500 pages including a CD. I don't have the money to
spend $90 on a book, so I've been content to blunder along
experimenting on my own, occasionally posting a question in r.a.p. or
one of the forums.

--

paul winkler home: http://www.slinkp.com music: http://www.reacharms.com calendars: http://www.calendargalaxy.com